CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 7, 2010

It's a Family Affair...

I was SO EXCITED to go home so the kids could FINALLY see their baby sister.  I mean it was really like telling them they get to go on some super exciting trip, OH, but by the way, you are gonna have to wait 5 weeks to go.  I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't tell their kids until it's time to pack...even ONE NIGHT is an eternity for them!!  I have to say, I must have THE MOST patient kids on earth.  They were such good kiddos...and they were SO HAPPY to finally meet little Romy Lin...

Parker got to hold her very first.  He and Blazer were the only ones home since the older two were at school.  He just looked so darn proud!!

Blazer didn't know what the heck was going on.  He would point to the carseat, and gasp, and then point again and then gasp.  He did that several times like "Hey mom...did you know there is a THING in there??!!"  I would say baby, but he really seemed to think she was an alien at first.  He sure was excited to hold this alien, and even gave her the cutest loves!!!


Oakley was who I was the most excited to see a reaction from.  Every night before bed, she insisted on kissing my belly, and although we hadn't named her yet, would kiss "Little Romy Lin" goodnight by name.  Everytime I talked to her on the phone in the hospital, she would ask about her, and want me to kiss her.  Even before I was pregnant, she would cry in her room at night saying "I am the only one who has to sleep alone!!  Why don't I have anyone to share a room with??!!"  I always felt bad that she seemed left out.   Well, her wish came true!!  I hope she still feels like this in five years when "Little Romy Lin" is getting into all of her stuff...
She may seem somber...but she is in utter awe of her little sister...just precious!!


I know what you are thinking...HEY, you forgot about Carter!!  NOPE...Carter really was excited to meet her, and even thought she was the cutest thing, saying "Mommy, she is really beautiful"...but when I asked if he wanted to hold her he replied...

Nah...

HAHAHA...BOYS!!!

8 comments :

Claire said...

So glad you are home and doing well. I hope the rest of your recovery gets better. She is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe how much Parker looks like Brian. It is like we are little kids and Brian is running down the street.

Laura said...

So precious!

Kerren said...

Lovely, just lovely! All 5 of them are positively precious! Your family is so blessed~~!!!

Amy said...

Yeah for you!!! I am so thankful you are finally home! Thank you for sharing your tender thoughts and precious pictures! Your family is beautiful!

Amy

The Yearsley's said...

I was totally thinking, "What about Carter...where's his picture"? That's too funny that he had no interest in holding her...such a BOY! I love Blazer's reaction especially.."There's something in that carseat"..as if you weren't aware! haha! Too cute! That must have been such a special day for your whole family. Being able to FINALLY come home, and for your kids to FINALLY get to meet their baby sister. It was a long time coming!

The Cole Family said...

So happy you guys a finally home! Your kids are so cute with Romy. Glad Oakley has someone to share her room with now.

Em said...

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Nicole said...

How beautiful!!! I have been thinking about you a lot and I'm so glad that she has taken a turn for the better. How is she? How are you?