CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This and That...

I don't really have any "earth shattering" news to share...which frankly, is a really good thing I suppose!! So here's a little this and that of the happenings at The Lords House...


Carter and Oakley had "Hawaiian Day" at school. They were insistent that they dress up, and so would everyone else. So, Dollar Store...here I went...DANG...for about $3, I think they look pretty flippin’ cool!!

Come to find out, they said hardly anyone dressed up. After school I asked them how it went, and Oakley said "Mom, do you know what happened to me??"

ME: silently gasping hoping she wasn't ridiculed at school....

Oakley: "Everyone told me I was beautiful"

PHEW...she IS beautiful!!!

So, Parker is our funny man. He found daddy's work boots and started stomping around in them. OF COURSE I thought...HOW CUTE...and wanted to capture it. What I didn't realize was how FUNNY he poses....what a goof ball!!!

Blazer thought Parker was hilarious...In fact Blazer LOVES Parker...he calls him "GUYS"!! The last few nights, he has abandoned his own bed, and slept in "GUYS" bed. It is rather cute!

Finally, we have become SO MORMON that we outgrew our minivan....!!! WHAT??!! Yep, you heard me. It only was a seven-seater, and even though we have seven, we must have chosen the one van that was so darn small, because Carter couldn't even sit straight in the back seat!! He had to sit sideways...and we went to Utah this last weekend, and decided...that CAN'T work anymore...SOOOOO....here's what we did...

I have to say that I was not thrilled about getting a "big vehicle". You see, I am a short person, and I really don't feel the need to "compensate" like a guy would...BUT, I liked how much room it had in the back, and we found this Yukon Denali for a STEAL!!! Luckily our van was paid off, and so our trade made for an even sweeter deal...!! We really didn't want to strap ourselves with a new vehicle, so we were blessed to find this...It is definitely not new, but it is definitely what our family needed...!!!

Litte Romy is still growing, and we are starting to wonder if her little heart was just tricking us, because she still has yet to have an episode at home. We were so prepared to be making at least two trips a week to the hospital because IN the hospital she was having a minimum of two episodes a week...!! GO FIGURE!! We really have been blessed!! She was 7lbs 12oz at her appt on Thursday...and she is a sweetie!!

11 comments :

The Yearsley's said...

Oh I just LOVE your new vehicle!!! Denali's are pretty dang nice! And even better that ya'll got a good deal on it!

Well thanks for updating us on what your fam has been up to! It seems like we haven't really seen ya'll in forever! And how AWESOME that Romy hasn't had any episodes! What a blessing! There must have been something about that hospital that she just DID NOT like! :)

Laura said...

Yay for the new car! Yay for amazing deals!!! Yay for all your adorable kids. I love them so much!!!!

And little Romy is simply not allowed to have more problems! She is too much of an angel for that.

The Cole Family said...

Your kids are so cute!! YAY! for the new car!!! Sounds like you really needed it espeally with your dog that takes up 2 or 3 seats himself.
Glad that Romy is doing so well she just need to be Home.

lovedkat said...

Thanks for updating! Cute pics of all the kids. Congrats on the van, you may not be admitting that you like it, but i know you wanted something to tow with for when you get a boat to take me out in!!!!hahaha
Katie

Joleen said...

Love the new car!!! We wouldn't fit in a van either. And we have a trailer, so we have to be able to tow. We love all the room we have in our Suburban.

And I love you daily reason for loving your hubby- Mine has been doing all the laundry since baby came!! It rocks!!

Rose said...

I love your car!! I love the pics of the kids and especially the pics of Romy!!

Nate and Robin said...

It was so good to see you guys. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. We're so glad that Romy is doing so good. She is so sweet and cute.

Em said...

hahahahaha, soooooo mormon, lol.

Deborah Austin said...

YAY for a new vehicle that can fit the whole fam!!! Love the pictures of Romy and I am so glad she is doing well!

Ok so how do you put the pictures if a collage like the ones you did of Carter? I get tired of posting a million pictures in one line.

Deborah Austin said...

I meant Parker it is really late:)

5dollarFanatic said...

The Lord has blessed the Lords families for sure!!!