CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

An apple a day...

I have a NEW and not neccessarily IMPROVED ending to this modern proverb...here it is...


An apple a day...chases friends away!!


Once upon a time I got up early as I do most mornings to get the kids off to school.  We went through our normal routine of getting dressed, hair done, shoes on, double-checking homework, etc.  As I got Oakley's jacket on, and lifted her backpack to put it on her, I realized it was WAY TOO HEAVY!!  My first thought was CRAP, she has bee taking toys to school.  I begin the search opening the main pocket...EMPTY...continue to the second biggest pocket...EMPTY, and finally unzip the only other pocket that could hold such weight to unveil a pile of...

APPLES...

What??!! 


ME: "Oakley, why do you have apples in your backpack??!!"


OAKLEY: "Cause I like to save 'em."


ME: "Where did you get these??"


OAKLEY:  "At school."


ME: "Why don't you just eat them at school??"


OAKLEY:  "I just am not that hungry.."


seemed simple enough...to her...


I took them out of her backpack to find that some of them had been there....a while...!! 



EWWWWW...SEE???



I told her that she can't save apples from school, because they were rotting.  I held one up and asked her if she really wanted to eat it, and of course she winced in disgust.  What if that morning I hadn't put on her backpack, just like most days...how long would they have sat there decomposing...(shudder)?? 


DOUBLE EWWWW

Moral of the story is:  If you have food that you can't finish, don't put it in your pocket to save for later, soon you will stink and have no friends.


THE END

15 comments :

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my god kids are so much fun! Saving her apples, do you have a future pack rat on your hands?

The Yearsley's said...

Double EWWWWW is right!!! LOL! Kids definitley make life interesting!

Melissa said...

Make her the caramel dip I just posted on my blog and she'll never waste another apple again. :)

I can't tell you how I love the image of you getting kids off to school. :)

Kristina P. said...

Maybe she can go on the show hoarders!

Unknown said...

Did we ever tell you that we were so lazy we didn't unpack our backpack after the rafting trip for over a week...I didn't realize Forrest had packed 2 peaches inside. It had rotted THROUGH the backpack and into the carpet!

Peach mold on my carpet!!!

(Oops! Hope this disgusting story doesn't make you puke.)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny and gross at the same time!!

Laura said...

Conservative and buff. This story makes me laugh because it feels just like my house.

TheRixonFive said...

lol! isn't that the truth? This is the equivalent to finding a sippy cup (that once had milk in it) under the bed in my tots' rooms. GRODY!!!!

Thanks for stopping by the other day! You blog's adorable!

mitzi said...

Sounds like something Taylor would do; but I guess I still find rotting food in my college kids' bedrooms--so I'm not sure when behavior like this ends...

SouthfieldFam said...

I love apples too, but GROSS! The things kids think of!

Chad and Angie Ivie said...

I saw you commented on our blog--yes, we have finally joined the world of parenthood! We are having an amazing time with our little guy. Looks like you guys are keeping busy--congrats on another baby! Your blog is super cute--we are terrible about updating ours, especially me. Chad is the one who usually updates it for us. Great to hear from you!

Rose said...

HaHAHA!!! That is the funniest thing! I can just imagine Oakley bringing her apples to her classroom, putting them in her back pack...and I can also imagine the whole scenario of you finding them and Oakley explaining herself...I'm still laughing!

Rose said...

by the way...your quite popular! you're always gettin over 10 comments per post! you got a lot of friends or ya paying them to leave comments so you can look cool? J\K! LOL!!

A.Lee said...

Siiiiiicccckkkkk. Don't you just love kids. They are so funny.

Controlling My Chaos said...

This looks like something my Stinkerbell would do. Kids!