CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A moment in time...

It happened...My son turned 8!!  I really never thought the day would come...I lived in a dilusional fantasy world I guess...cause those events were just things that "would happen someday"  but not REALLY...!!  I guess I panick because I feel like before I know it he will be going off on a mission...can't time slow down...just a little??

We had a really great week.  Carter had so many people that were supporting him.  His cousins and grandparents even came all the way up from AZ to witness this awesome occation.  It was almost like Christmas before Christmas having family around so much!

The day of his baptism was full of family, preparation, and happiness.  I wasn't so happy that I was called the night before to give a talk...I have a great fear of getting up in front of the masses and sharing "wisdom."  Ask me to get up and dance or make a fool of myself...I AM ON IT...but say something "meaningful" or "smart"...sigh...I regret to say that I am not a professional!!  Well, with the help of some prayers and my sister, I was able to come up with one, and I was surprised that standing up there in front of my son and husband all dressed in white...I didn't lose it.  Then I sat down, and the beautiful viola music started.  I was overwhelmed with joy and the spirit, and I was so proud of my son in that moment.  He REALLY understood the choice he was making.  He knew more than I did as a child...It was such a surreal moment in time to see him be baptized by my husband...one that I hope is engrained in my memory forever!!





We waited for what seemed like FOREVER for the confirmation to take place.  There was a little girl baptized by her grandfather AFTER Carter, and she came out BEFORE the boys did...THEN, the grandfather came out.  What the heck took them so long??  We had a couple people go check in on them, and all I had to say was that now everyone knows the REAL reason that we are late all the time...!!   Anyways, they did finally make it out, and he was confirmed a member of the church.  Yay Carter!!!  Now...I am left feeling really satisfied but also REALLY old!! 








7 comments :

Kristina P. said...

He looks great! Congrats.

Merry Christmas!

Nate and Robin said...

Hey for Carter! Still sad we had to miss it. I'm vetoing being sick.
We're looking forward to seeing you all of Christmas!
Look, I commented again. ;)

Em said...

so exciting!!!

The Yearsley's said...

Crazy! I can't believe you have an 8 year old! You be getting old girl!!! Well.. I take that back since we're the same age! :) Well you must be so proud...Go Carter!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Wait, are you're not old enough to have an 8 year old!!

Deborah Austin said...

Yahoo for Carter!!! We were happy to be there.

I love the family pic's they turned out awesome!

Thanks for the box of brownies left on our doorstep.

What are you going to name that little girl? I can't believe you only have 14 weeks left that is fast!!! Well I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!! We need to get together soon!

A.Lee said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. Sounds like it went really well and will be a wonderful memory for you. BTW you are so old. (tummy jiggling from laughing at such an absurd comment made by this 33 year old)